There are a thousand lighting solutions in the world, but not all can meet everybody’s expectations. Every lighting solution has its advantages and drawbacks. LEDs are the leading brand in the market and have a lot to offer:
- Long Lifespan
LEDs have a longer lifespan as compared to traditional lighting solutions. It has been scientifically proven that the operating hours range between 50,000 and 100,000. That is 2-4 times other lighting solutions. It doesn’t require frequent replacement thus saving you on maintenance cost. Also, the replacement parts are readily available at customer-friendly prices.
2. Energy Efficiency
If you are looking for a lighting solution with the lowest power consumption, led lighting has got you covered. You only need to retrofit your current lighting solution with LED and save close to 80% of your annual lighting costs. The reason behind the power efficiency is because it wastes very little infrared radiation and emits light at an angle of 180 degrees which means there is little waste to unnecessary lighting.
In lighting technology, safety is always overlooked. The greatest hazard when it comes to lighting technology is heat emission. LED converts very little energy to heat while the conventional lighting converts almost 90% of its energy to heat, leaving only 10% for lighting. This makes conventional lighting extremely inefficient as compared to LED Lighting.
The LED comes in a wide range of sizes which gives them a thousand if not millions of lighting applications. To mention a few; it can be used for stadium lighting, traffic signals, modern mood lighting, commercial and residential application.
5. Color Rendering Index (CRI)
CRI is the capability of a lighting solution to give the actual color as compared to natural lighting. High CRI gives the most perfect results. As compared to other conventional lighting LED has a very high CRI which makes it perfect for color shade.
6. Flexible Designs
For the lovers of designs, LED is all that you need. Due to their small sizes, they can be organized into a million designs. You can have any design that fit your need. For instance, you can have different designs for the sitting room, dining, kitchen, staircases, birth rooms, bedrooms, study areas and not to forget the outdoor lighting.
7. Environmental Friendly
LEDs do not require a lot of careful handling at the end of their lifespan. This is because unlike other traditional lighting solutions, it does not contain mercury which poses a health hazard if mishandled. Its disposal does not pose any harm to the environment.
8. Directional Emissions
Most lighting solutions emit light at an angle of 360 degrees. This is not the case with LEDs. It is one of the most economical lighting solutions because it emits its light at an angle of 180 degrees. This means you can direct your light where it is needed. It saves on cost as compared to other lighting solutions that emit light at an angle of 360 degrees illuminating even the areas where light is not needed.
- LED Dimming Capability
LEDs can easily operate at almost any percentage of their actual rated power (0 to 100%). They certainly do need hardware specific to LED technology for dimming (meaning you may not use the dimming equipment for any incandescent bulb or any other traditional lighting technology).
A best part of operating LEDs at less than its full power is that they will get more efficient as its power is reduced. This also will increase the total lifespan of your light itself. Both of those benefits are absent with other technologies e.g. metal halides that actually becomes less efficient at lower power and often cannot be dimmed at all.
- LEDs can be turned on instantaneously and have no issues with frequent switching
LEDs is turned on or off instantaneously. There is no need of warm-up period like in case of metal halide lamps. Besides, frequent switching will not cause degradation in your device.
- LEDs Produce Virtually Zero UV Emissions
LEDs can emit most of their energy in visible spectrum, a little amount in infrared spectrum, and virtually none in ultraviolet portion of spectrum. This means that LEDs can safely and reliably illuminate any UV sensitive items that can break down or degrade over time in case exposed to such type of emission.